‘A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step’
Even before the inception of Kalamandir Foundation, the Kalamandir Group was active catering to the needs of the society, when on required since from the year 2008. And also began to shoulder its Corporate Social Responsibility as a part of its accountability towards society.
The Kalamandir Foundation inculcated the discipline of CSR, even before the Central Government ruled out to allocate 2 percent of the profit on CSR to all companies operating in India, on 1st April 2014. Since the onset of the foundation, our main focus was on environment protection, and also, we have taken up various initiatives and campaigns successfully in this direction.
Happy Hyderabad for Peace, Freedom from Polythene, Saving Our Lakes from Pollution, and etc are a few to name.
- Kurnool flood relief campaign. An initiative to gather and provide clothes. food to the flood victims. This was flagged off by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Mr.Chandrababu Naidu and Mr. K.Rosaiah (20Lakhs worth material collected)
- Happy Hyderabad – a movement for peach & prosperity was initiated during the seperate Telangana state agitation movement was happening. This was initiated to make sure that Hyderabad brand name is not denigrated.
- This year saw more number of initiatives by foundation.
- Eye donation awareness campaign.
- COWE walkathon-empowering women entrepreneurs.
- Women artist group show – Femin Dissilence.
- AIDS education awareness campaign.
- Walk-a-thon on world disabled day in bangalore
- Say no to Drugs.
- 5k run on No smoking day.
- Swecha freedom from polythene.
- Walk with a hope to eradicate child labour.
- Eco friendly clay Ganesha to protect lakes and water bodies.
- 60+ earch hour in support to save energy.
- Go green campaign. Planted around 1000 plants.
- 1 day 1 rupee campaign initiated in all our stores. The collected amount was donated to IMPACT hospital which treats cancer patients.
- Donation of 50,000/- to CHERISH, an orphan house.
- Pink ribbon walk-campaign on breast cancer awarenes..
- A campaign initiated during the general elections for promoting the importance and value of VOTE.
- Blood Donation to thalassemia affected kids.
- Donation to orphanages and charity art exhibition.
- Rs. 10 Lakhs worth scholarships to the eligible kids of Kalamandir staff.
- Memu Saitam, Tollywood film fraternity coming together for Vizag Hudhud cyclone victims. Kalamandir foundation was part of the total event and donated total worth Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- 60+ earth hour.
- Walk for heart campaign.
- Campaign of Swine flu. Poster launch by Padma Bhushan Ustad Zakir Hussain and Padmasri Hariharan.
- Merit scholarships worth Rs 30 Lakhs.
- Blood donation to Thalassemia affected kids.
- Financial aid to Cherish Foundation, Kasturba Gandhi Trust, Aashayam Parents Association, Carewood concept school
- Rs 3 Lakhs was donated to poor weavers as part of Netannaku Cheyutha initiative.
- The main initiative of the year was to adopt and assist the noble initiative “Telangana Ku Haritha haram” taken by the Telangana Government by planting and distributing the saplings to all the staff and customers. Around 20000saplings were distributed/planted as part of this initiative by foundation.
- Distribution of 20 Aasu weaving machines to poor weavers by Padmasri C.Mallesham as part of Nethannaku Cheyutha Pathakam.
- Merit scholarships worth Rs Lakhs
- Rs 5 Lakhs was donated to Project 511, a non-profit organization which strive to create an education-friendly environment in Government schools.
- 146 units of blood was donated to the Thalassemia Sickle society through the blood camp organized by us.
- A massive anti drug walk with more than 6000 people, which was graced by honble Vice President of India Sri Venkaiah Naidu Garu.
- Merit scholarships worth Rs. 51 Lakhs.
- Rs 10 Lakhs was donated to Vivekananda Vidya Vikas Kendra Trust
- Donation of 1 Lakh and felicitation to Shri D. Prakash Rao
- Donation of Rs 25k to Cherish Foundation
- Provided life insurance to the entire staff of Kalamandir group with 30Lakhs
- Rs 1lakh donation to Sreya foundation
- Financial aid given to 21 poor weavers worth Rs 4.20 Lakhs
- 1 Lakh donated to Asyajyothi Handicapped welfare society.